Shipping And Handling Shipping And Handling SHIPPING POLICY
VERY IMPORTANT SHIPMENT POLICY OF PERISHABLES - Be sure to read it.
1. In order to preserve the quality of the products and to avoid from being in transit during the weekend, perishables which require 3 days shipping are ONLY shipped on Mondays and Tuesdays. Therefore, if you order a perishable between Wednesday and Sunday which requires 3 days shipment, the order will be shipped on the following Monday or Tuesday.
SHIPPING TIME IS FROM THE TIME OF SHIPPING NOT FROM WHEN ITS ORDERED AS THE ORDER MAY CAME IN AFTER HOURS OR IT MAY FALL WITH A WEEKEND IN BETWEEN - IF YOU NEED IT ON A SPECIFIC DATE, BE SURE TO CALL US AT 506-916-8781 TO CLARIFY.
2. Non-Perishables are shipped Ground from Monday to Saturday unless otherwise requested.
3. Orders received after 10 AM ET will be shipped the next day, if applicable.
4. The Portuguesefood.com store is located in the Northeastern part of the United States in the State of Massachusetts, 1043-1049 County Street, Somerset/Fall River. For the purpose of perishables shipment from our location, we placed the perishables under TWO distinguished and very important categories:
A. Category ONE
Perishables such as, Sardinhas, Polvo, Pasteis de Bacalhau, Rissois, Butter, and alike, MUST be received the next day from shipment . Be sure to select "NEXT DAY/OVERNIGHT" when ordering category one products.
B. Category TWO *
Perishables such as Chourico, Linguica, Presunto, Torresmos (Cacoila), Bread, Pastry, and alike SHOULD be received in 3 days from shipment.
5. The following is the Transit Time UPS takes to deliver from our location:
A. If perishables delivery is in the following states selecting GROUND shipment is acceptable for all product categories:
ME, VT, NH, MA, RI, CT, NJ
B. If perishables delivery is in the following states selecting GROUND shipment is acceptable for category two products:
NY, PA, DE, MD, VA, WV, OH, MI, IN, WI, MN, IA, IL, KY, NC, SC, GA, AL, TN, MO.
C. If perishables delivery is in the following states, minimum 3 DAYS shipping should be selected for category two products:
MN (northwest), ND, SD, NE, MO (west), AR, MS, FL, LA, TX, OK, KS, NE, NM, CO, WY, MT, I D, WA, OR, NV, CA, UT, AZ, AK, HI, PR
PLEASE, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE RIGHT SHIPMENT METHOD AS UPS GROUND SHIPMENT CAN TAKE A LONG TIME AS WE DO NOT CONTROL THE SHIPPER.
WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QUALITY OF THE PERISHABLES IN WHICH THE PACKAGE IS NOT DELIVERED IN HAND. BE AWARE THAT UPS DOES NOT DELIVER TO PO BOXES. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO HAVE SOMEONE RECEIVE YOUR PACKAGE WHEN ORDERING PERISHABLES, IN PARTICULAR, DURING THE WARM MONTHS. UPS applies additional charges if they corrected/re-direct a package due to address label being wrong.
* Other important facts and circumstances:
During the warm months (May, June, July, August, September) the perishables 3 days shipment policy should be followed in order to assure the product quality.
During the colder months (November, December, January, February, March) the perishables 3 days shipment does not necessarily need to be followed. Although, the Chourico, Linguica, and alike continues to preserve its quality, the bread products will loose its freshness.
We also use the United States Postal Service and other postal carriers when appropriate and necessary.Be informed that shipping costs are in its totality the shipping cost charged by the carrier. The Portuguesefood.com sets handling costs.
In order to cut on shipping cost to our clients and, when appropriate, we ship perishables separate from non- perishables (i.e. . Chouricos and breads in a 3 days or 1 or 2 days package and olive oils and salted cod in a ground package).
Before refrigerators merchants in the old country hanged the chourico, linguica, presunto, and other perishables from the ceiling in their stores and costumers would do the same at their homes. The chourico would breathe and dry up to their tastes. However, it is not unusual for this practice to still take place among the more familiar with this product. If you adventure into this practice, be sure to remove the vacuum plastic covering the chourico and hang it in a well ventilated room. It will last months without refrigeration.
/linguica/presunto to create mold. To clean it, use paper towel with good quality olive oil. To clean mold from cheese, simply use clean water.
Portuguese Food Inc. will not be held liable for any costs (shipping & handling) directly involved with returned merchandise unless its our fault. We are not responsible for orders sent to the wrong address or PO Box if client has ordered that way. Feel free to contact us with any inquiries involving this.